A Runner's Workshop
Going the Distance: Running Without Injuries
Where: Christine F. Hayes, PT, PC & The Integrated Healing Center 195 W. Lancaster Avenue, Suite 2, Paoli, PA, 19301
When: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 from 5:30 PM to 7 PM
RSVP: Call 610-695-9913 to register by September 25, 2017
Fee: $10 early registration on or before September 25, 2017; $15 cash at the door.
*The first 15 registrants will receive a certificate for a free Orthopedic Screen (valued at $80) from Christine Hayes, PT.
Join us for A Runner’s Workshop! Learn from the experts what you can do to prevent injuries and how to comprehensively address and manage them when they do occur.
· To give you a new perspective on running injuries and comprehensive medical management;
· To help you understand functional movement and corrective exercise;
· To help you understand the need for foot stability and the correction through orthotics;
· To teach you the difference between static and dynamic stretching;
· To teach you about the different technical running footwear types;
· To share the latest updates to technical running gear;
· To teach you how to make running and other forms of cardiovascular exercise more enjoyable.
A Runner’s Workshop Speakers:
Dr. Alexis Tingan, MD, is an avid runner and served as the event physician for the Penn Relays, the Philadelphia Marathon, and the Philadelphia Triathlon. He is currently the team physician for the University of Pennsylvania’s Men’s and Women’s Cross Country and Track & Field teams, the Associate Medical Director for the Penn Relays, and the Medical Director of the Philadelphia Love Run Half Marathon.
Christine Hayes, PT, has been a physical therapist for more than 30 years, working with a wide range of runners and other athletes. Her physical therapy practice specializes in functional movement assessments and corrective exercises as a comprehensive approach to rehabilitation.
Ken Taylor, co-owner of The Running Place and a certified USATF Level 1 Coach, brings his knowledge of running footwear and his shoe-fitting expertise from his run-specialty store and from his years of running and coaching.